Monday, January 15, 2007

Dawns and Dusks

This morning, while talking to a friend , the conversation drifted to relationships. And how things can become.

I'll post the conversation first and ask for your comments then..

me: do u realise that the dawn of a relationship is usually its most beautiful time?
me: and as the sun rises..you see things with a clarity, minus the halo
me: and suddenly u realise ...sunrises have a thing abt them
me: which makes u feel closer to God
her: hmmm
me: and in the high noon...
me: u start sweating
me: and a melancholy sets in by the evening
her: hmmm
me: its only when u can see thru it
her: can enjoy the dusk...and the nightfall
me see through what?
her: oh ok
me: which brings with it glorious lovemaking
her: oh 
me: and a serenity to sustain you...and make u long for all the dawns and dusks together
her: ah ok
her: i think it makes sense
me: coz u know then...that the person can survive the harshest glare
me: the bare nakedness of every flaw being exposed
me: most of us....we chase only dawns

The initial days of a relationship bring with them a heady feeling- the giddiness of unbirdled joy, the adrenaline rush of discovery. You are at your best, thrilled to have found that someone you longed for.
As the dust settles, some relationships become boringly monotonous and some gloriously wonderful.

What would you rather have? The intial phases- lots of times; or run the risk of either the relationship going sour, and your memories about it bitter?

Tell me.