Saturday, January 20, 2007

Monkey On a Tiger

"Under an accumulation of staggerers, no man can be considered a free agent. No man knocks himself down; if his destiny knocks him down, his destiny must pick him up again." - Charles Dickens.

In a "God Fearing" nation, any one who picks up the Davidian task of challenging the will of God and believes strongly in free will as opposed to destiny, is usually sneered upon.

I have always believed in destiny as a tyrant's authority for genocide and a procrastinators excuse for failure. Have always strongly defended the ability of man to choose his own destiny by acts of free will.

And then a perspicacious guide said- Free Will is like a Monkey riding a Tiger. Exercising your choice gives you a feeling that you are the one in command of the beast .

The Oracle ordained Neo in similar fashion. Is it really all there in an unwritten code? Were you and I destined to meet? I had no choice in being there at the same time? My choosing to fall in love with you was but a vision that you someone out there had recorded in the time machine?

Where are you taking me, next , then?

1 comment:

prateeksha said...

We make it. For I've never had enough lines across my palms.

Cannot comment on your communion with anyone else. I know it was fated that I met one of my soulmates. :)